Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Week Later

A week later..... boy do I miss the Adirondacks. This class gave me some much needed time to reflect on life in general. I am a person that is constantly on the go never taking the time to stop enjoy the small parts of life. This class gave that opportunity and it has helped me as a person (to the point that I can almost be happy :) I consider myself lucky to have gone to Raquette Lake with the group of people that I did. I met several new people and learned a lot about them, not only people from our class but the professional development group as well. Beth, Karl and Tim, you have created an amazing class. I cannot stress this enough, an awesome opportunity to achieve 3 graduate level credits.

This class has made me reflect on my impact on the environment, I still will not buy a hybrid. I do understand that a change has to happen, and I am doing more to help. The world is a beautiful place and I would hate to see it any other way. I have always been a believer in outdoor education, and this class helped me remember why I push for my students to get outside. There is so much to learn just by going for a walk and observing. When we went on our walk to the Kirby camp, and Tim's kids stopped to walk up the log and stopped to enjoy the bug swaying in the breeze, the phrase just let kids be kids comes to mind. However it is not just the kids who need to be able to do that. Adults must stop and enjoy the small wonders of life. That is what I gained from this class.

Thanks to all who were part of making this trip enjoyable for me. It was a great experience and I will never forget it. This is my last post for this blog so Good Bye.

~ Dave Starr ~

No comments:

Post a Comment